Conduct research on the Congressional attempts to restrict the jurisdiction of the federal courts and write a paper analyzing what you find, using U.S. Constitutional provisions, statutes, and court cases to support how you would solve the constitutional issue, and discussing social policy implications of your solution to the issue.
Synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information carefully and objectively, using the U.S. Constitution, statutes, and U.S. Supreme Court cases; use this information to propose a solution to a constitutional issue; discuss social policy implications of your solution; and present your ideas in clear written form directed to a specific audience, in this case, your class. Use credible scholarly references, absolutely no plagiarism, Original Work Only!
To successfully complete this research paper have :
- Address the topic (Congressional attempts to restrict the jurisdiction of the federal courts).
- Researched the provision(s) of the United States Constitution that are at the heart of the issue.
- Researched any federal or state statutes that impact this issue.
- Researched previous decisions of the United States Supreme Court that impact this issue.
- Conducted search for any pending case(s) before the U.S. Supreme Court that may involve this issue.
- Based on your research, determine what should be the solution of this constitutional issue.
- Considered social policy implications of your solution.
- Write a paper explaining the issue, your proposed outcome, the social policy implications of your solution, and the research that supports your outcome.
Your paper must include:
- A cover page
- Clear statement of the constitutional issue
- Discussion of your research
- Clear statement of your proposed solution, with supporting argument
- Discussion of social policy implications of your solution
- Reference page, using APA style
The text of this paper should be at least fifteen pages long. You must demonstrate that you understand the terminology and the concepts used in constitutional law, and how constitutional provisions, statutes, and case decisions are interrelated. You must demonstrate that you can synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information. You must write technically correctly using APA format. Please refer to Grading rubric.