Please read the following article (“What Google Learned from Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team” by Charles Duhigg) and respond to the questions below: Link (Links to an external site.)
- What were some of the major findings discovered by Project Aristotle?
- In trying to discover what made a team successful, what was one thing Project Aristotle consistently found identified in their research as important?
- The article described two very different sample teams (i.e., Team A and Team B) and asks which team you would rather join. Which team would you rather join?
- Did it surprise you which team the article suggested you should join if given the choice? Why/Why not?
- In studying groups, what two behaviors were generally shared among the teams considered “good”?
- Reflect on/Discuss the concept of psychological safety that is identified and discussed toward the end of the article. This is also a concept discussed in your Chapter 6 textbook material.
- How important do you think psychological safety is in team interactions? Why?
- Please discuss any concluding thoughts, take-aways, and/or new ways of thinking about team interactions resulting from this article. For example, were there points with which you particularly agreed or disagreed?
Write from experiences and opinion
- Think of teams to which you have belonged (answer hypothetically if you have never belonged to a team/group of any kind). What were some of the types of “healthy” conflicts? What were some of the types of “unhealthy” conflicts?
- Think about a team conflict you have experienced (answer hypothetically if you have never belonged to a team/group of any kind). What were the sources of the conflict? How was the conflict managed?
- In your opinion, which approach to conflict resolution is best? Why?
- The response has an appropriate length, which should be more than 8-10 lines
The response reflects a clear understanding of the question and reflects critical thinking and the application of appropriate concepts/ideas